Monday, March 12, 2007

Boston

In the light of the sun,
Is there anyone?
Oh it has begun.
Oh dear, you look so lost,
eyes are red
and tears are shed,
This world you must've crossed.
You said,

You don't know me,
And you don't even care, oh yeah,
She said,
You don't know me,
And you don't wear my chains, oh yeah.
yeah.

Essential yet appealed,
Carry all your thoughts
Across an open field,
When flowers gaze at you,
They're not the only ones
Who cry when they see you
You said,

You don't know me,
And you don't even care, oh yeah,
She said,
You don't know me,
And you don't wear my chains, oh yeah.

She said I think I'll go to Boston.
I think I'll start a new life.
I think I'll start it over, where no one knows my name.
I'll get out of California, I'm tired of the weather,
I think I'll get a lover and fly 'em out to Spain.
I think I'll go to Boston.
I think that I'm just tired.
I think I need a new town, to leave this all behind.
I think I need a sunrise, I'm tired of Sunset,
I hear it's nice in the summer, some snow would be nice, oh yeah.

You don't know me,
And you don't even care, oh yeah,

Boston, where no one knows my name
where no one knows my name
where no one knows my name

Boston, where no one knows my name.




Doesn't it seem so appealing to just go somewhere "where no one knows your name?" Isn't it something we all want at some point or another? To just run-away and not look back. I've been feeling that a little bit again lately. To just go away and not come back. Start over, where no one knows my past, my faults. I just want to go somewhere.


I'd love to go somewhere "Across an open field, When flowers gaze at you" Wouldn't it be nice to walk into an open meadow? To pick flowers and make a bouquet and keep it as a reminder of Spring, growth, and life? I wish I had one... I would love to be somewhere like that, in a long dress with my 2 best girl friends spinning about till we fall and look up and make shapes out of clouds... This is ideal


I'm so tired of, "Oh dear, you look so lost,eyes are red and tears are shed." Half the time I feel like when some members of my family look or think of me all they want to do is cry because they wish they could've spared me the pain that I have gone through.


And I don't know how many times I have shouted, "You don't know me, And you don't even care, You don't know me, And you don't wear my chains." It feels like that. How you can just shout and scream at someone trying to help. Yelling, "Why would you even care about me? You don't know me, and you have no IDEA what I've gone through." Sound familiar?


I guess I've just gotten used to saying that.


And on the topic of running off and starting over... why not?


Why not just run away and start over somewhere new? It sounds so appealing but is it really? Sure you'll make new friends, have a new place to live, and you might even be happy, but you can't replace your family. Sure you can get married and join a new one but there is nothing like your own. And no matter what, whether your parents were the "Jones,'" or the abusive, drunken type, they helped shape you. They can also just be the average people who don't need to be the most fashionable people on the street, the nice, sweet, family-next-door. You know... the one with the dog in the back yard, the 2 car garage, and the porch with the little fence.


Isn't that in some ways ideal?


Thinking of the people who just crave to be normal and from a normal family... Well, everyone thinks their family is crazy!!! No family is normal! We all have the odd uncle's, the grandma's who always buy you things because they're happy to see you, the grandpa's who take you out for hot chocolate and bring in icicles in the winter, and the aunt who always allows you to run a little wild :) And the baby cousin's, who's smile makes your heart melt...And the parent's who try get you to smile after a hard day.


I've wanted to run away and start a new life where no one know's my name, to have that ideal life.. Well, I don't have the ideal everything right now, but I guess I do have the ideal family.



I guess after everything... all the wrong choice's I haven't made. All the good choice's I have. I'm glad for what I've done. I mean everyone has a moment where they want to be adventurous... "To get a lover and fly the out to Spain," to start somewhere new, where you're the cool stranger without a past. To go and watch the sunrise in the morning at the Harbor Marina with a good friend. The people in my life have made me so happy. And the one's who took some happiness... well, just a life experience. Nothing to dwell on.


We all want to start over at some point and time in our lives. Like "If only I could do this over." But that would not make us who we are supposed to be.


Boston is a little place in all of us. But we can't all just run away. And we can't just start over somewhere new. Moving somewhere doesn't always envoke change, but staying in a place where things can be rough can... It will show the true character in a person. We can all focus on the meadows and the sunrises instead of the chains and sunsets. And we can make the most out of our lives...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home